My beautiful wife Lorrie passed away unexpectedly on March 15, 2013 from cardiac arrest. She had turned 30 years old the previous day. The sadness I feel at this shocking loss cannot be expressed accurately so I won’t really attempt it. I am not alone in this sadness; she has many family members and friends who are also devastated. Yet Lorrie taught us all to try to make the most out of every day that we have, so I think she would want us to do something positive in her memory even as the emptiness of the space she left behind threatens to overwhelm us.
To honor Lorrie’s memory I have set up this memorial/fundraising page at the American Heart Association. The idea is to raise money for this good cause in hopes of saving someone else’s life as I wish hers had been saved. If you cannot afford to give a donation you can still honor her memory by sharing a story about Lorrie or writing about how she influenced your life on the guestbook.
A college scholarship in Lorrie’s name has been set up at her high school.
Lorrie Fenn: Graphic Designer
Lorrie Fenn: Magazine Editor
Lorrie Designed, Made, & Sold Jewelry
Lorrie Fenn: Caterer
Lorrie’s Office in Town
Lorrie in NYC (Lived in Brooklyn ’06-’08)
Our Wedding (June 6, 2009)
Our Honeymoon (England & Ireland)
More Pictures (Click on Thumbnails for Full)
Lorrie’s Blogs in PDF Format
(Right Click/Save As to Download)
Lorrie’s Blogs Archived
Mourning the Loss of Lorrie
- Carly Burke / Mountain Light Jewelry — (Mourning The Loss of a Good Friend) (Mourning is Hard Work) (Honoring A Friends Memory)
- Miranda / loft LARGE LIFE — (Lorrie)
- Skinny Emmie — (Mortality)
- Nosh & Nourish — (Gone Too Early)
More Lorrie Stuff Online
2. Lorrie’s Handmade Jewelry (Video.) I recorded this video to help promote her Oliver Jewelry business. She was selling jewelry at the Artisan’s Market in Town and also online on her Etsy shop. This is from May 7, 2010 – the first Artisan’s Market in Floyd.
3. Lorrie taking Simon (the cat) for a stroll in Brooklyn (Video.) You can’t really see Lorrie too well in this silly video I made for my cat site, but you can hear her a bit. Lorrie and I shared a love of both cats & silliness. She liked to take Simon on walks in Brooklyn.
7. Lorrie on Flickr.
10. Lorrie’s Twitter account: Beautiful Layers